Term (Contact hours) . . . . . . . WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER,
FALL (33 hours each)
Class & Section . . . . . . . . . . . . . INTERMEDIATE 6 ME
Instructor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . TBA
Meeting day & Time . . . . . . . . . . . . Mondays, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Upon completion of this level, you should be able to: leave messages, give and quote commands (L11), talk about events, engage in conversation with friends (L12), complain, make apologies and respond to them, Ask for respond to explanations (L13), make formal (RSVP) or casual invitations, email (L14), express modesty, gratitude, apologies; introduce people, ask how someone is doing (L15). Reproduce 80% or more KANJI introduced during the term.
TEXTBOOKS AND MATERIALS
1. Required. Japanese For Busy People III (Lessons 11-15, Vol. 3: textbook & workbook) by Kodansha International / AJALT. [Available at Kinokuniya Bookstore, San Francisco--Geary & Webster, Phone 415-567-7625 or oniine.] Continuation of INTERMEDIATE 5.
小学 6年 上・下 .
c) Online J-E dictionaries
d) Practice Japanese on the Web
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYgZlPI3VyIIfuT6YNI-vg/videos verb conjugation / grammar
3. Audio files.
and locate Japanese for Busy People III
and click on corresponding Audio Lessons.
1. One final exam (2.5 hours).
2. Upon successful completion (80% or higher attendance rate and 80% or higher final exam score) of the course, a STUDENT PROGRESS REPORT will be written if requested at the time you take the final exam.
3. Your final exam score (%) and attendance (%) will be kept in a digitized form @STUDENT GRADES AND INFORMATION REPOSITORY.
The instructor will create a relaxed, low-anxiety atmosphere through which you can acquire the previously mentioned course objectives with less effort and with ease. The instructor will use an eclectic teaching method.
1. The instructor will follow the CALENDAR /Weekly Schedule printed below.
2. In class, student and teacher (and student and student) will engage in interactive language activities, a variety of exercises, using Japanese as much as possib le. The instructor, however, will use some mechanical and meaningful drills, when necessary, to develop your kinetic memory for the training of the perceptual motor skills.
3. Students will reinforce and develop vocabulary, structure, listening (audio cassette tapes checked out regularly) and conversational skills through weekly assignments.
4. The class, however, may be conducted in accordance with the needs of the students in class within the course objectives.
CALENDAR / Weekly Schedule
Week 1 . . . . . Introduction and Lesson 11
Week 2 . . . . . KANJI QUIZ #1 Lesson 11
Week 3 . . . . . Lesson 12
Week 4 . . . . . KANJI QUIZ ? Lesson 12,
Week 5 . . . . . Lesson 13
Week 6 . . . . . KANJI QUIZ ? Lesson 13
Week 7 . . . . . Lesson 14
Week 8 . . . . . KANJI QUIZ ? Lesson 14
Week 9 . . . . . Review (Lesson 11 - Lesson 14)
Week 10 . . . . FINAL EXAM Lesson 15
Week 11 . . . . Lesson 15
*Weekly assignments on specific dates will be available from your instructor in class.
1. You are expected to listen to the audio cassette tapes, memorize new words, read the grammar explanation in the textbook and to complete all assignments before coming to class.
2. KANJI quizzes (KANJI from the textbooks) will be given as shown in the calendar.
3. Please be on time for class; otherwise, you interrupt the lesson for others. Regular class attendance and participation are essential for language learning.
4. Excessive absences (more than 3 class meetings) may be cause for repetition of the course.
5. The results of your final exam (%) and attendance (%) will be kept in a digitized form @STUDENT GRADES AND INFORMATION REPOSITORY. Your PROGRESS REPORT will be kept in the Soko Gakuen Records Office, and the Office will release it only upon your request.
6. When you obtain a score of 80% or higher on the final exam, you move up to a higher level class. Soko Gakuen's exit criteria for each class/level are based on the 1987 ACTFL Japanese Language Proficiency Guidelines.
7. The final exam's Kanji section must meet 80% minimum score to register for a higher class.
POLICY ON FINAL EXAM
There will be NO MAKE-UP FINAL for this course.
ALL THE ENDEAVORS OF THE TEACHER WILL FAIL TO INSURE
YOU PREPAREWITH DILIGENCE AND CONSTANCY
THE EXERCISES TO BE GIVEN IN CLASS.
YOUR PROGRESS IS OUR MAIN CONCERN !
Soko Gakuen's tuition is the lowest rate possible while keeping its high level of quality.